Sunday, March 27, 2011

A Standard life

    I have finally come to the end of my standard life. After eating 2-3 servings of dairy, 2-4 of fruits, 3-5 of veggies, 6-11 of wheats and grains, 5.5 ounces of meat/proteins, 7 tablespoons of oils, 64 ounces of water, 7.5 to 9 hours of sleep, and 30-90 minutes of physical activity a day, I feel well standardized. The hardest part about this week wasn’t getting it all done but getting a schedule so I wasn’t downing all this in one meal.  I have to admit I did cheat a little on Thursday and Friday. Thursday I didn’t get my full 30 minutes of physical activity in.  After dinner  I was thirsty for something other than water, so to quote a man from the past, “I don’t need water. I have water up the ass, I need a beer.”  So I indulged myself to cold, filtered drink of hops and barley. Actually I had four. Friday I didn’t get all my foods ate,  I fell short on veggies. Other than those two days after getting a schedule down it was easier then I expected. 64 ounces of water seems like quite a bit  but when you space it out over a 15 to 16.5 hour day(accounting for the 7.5 to 9 hours of sleep) it really isn’t that much especially with the exercise I was getting.  The sleep was the hardest thing to control.  I may have missed it by a few minutes here and there.  All in all I was eating well balanced meals, getting enough exercise, drinking plenty of water, and getting enough sleep.   To my surprise I felt great and I may try to continue my standardized schedule.
         Along with keeping up my current daily routine of standardization I’m going with some artsy challenges drawing, painting, maybe some photography.  Each day I’ll do a little research maybe pick a famous artist learn a little and attempt to dabble in some art.  With opening day around the corner I'll leave you with this, “Cubs win, Cubs win.”

“It was a woman who drove me to drink.  And you know,  I never even thanked her."                                                                                                                           -WC Fields

1 comment:

  1. The Cubs are gonna go all the way this year. sknnt! Sorry, I couldn't say that with a straight face.

    pro tip on starting with some art stuff: do black and white stuff first. just some sharpies and white paper. http://www.flickr.com/photos/fleegan/4730351748/

    ReplyDelete