Monday, March 26, 2012

A few to make up a couple

I know, I know, it’s been a couple of weeks… again, but can you blame me?  The weather, for the most part, has been nothing shy of awesome, and instead of sitting in front of a computer I headed outside to either sit on the porch with the wife or take Penny the pup on a short hike through the woods down the road from our place.    
            Since it has been a couple of weeks let me try to catch you up on the recent events in my life; St. Patties Day morning I went to the dentist and they drilled for oil without success, went out that evening with Amber and some friends and saw 2 leprechauns, we were told by a complete stranger that amber and I make the perfect couple and so he wasn’t surprised when I told him that we were married, had a few cocktails, a post bar gyro, and headed home.  I have been riding my bike, well sort of.  I have a bike trainer that you put the back wheel of a bike on so it makes the bike a stationery bike.  And I have actually been doing fairly well about getting on it.  This past weekend my sister was in town, so as always, when my family gets together we eat and drink and be merry. And finally this morning I got the news that good friends of mine, chris and Audrey, welcomed their new bundle of joy, congrats guys.
            This morning as I was getting ready to leave I realized that we were low on food so I was unable to make my lunch or even have something to eat for breakfast.  “Not a problem,” I thought to myself, I’ll just stop at the gas station on my way to work and get something to get me through until lunch time, when I’ll head out and get a bite somewhere.  Easy enough.  Then a light bulb went off in my head, “It’s been awhile since I did a sort of challenge to myself.” So I decided that when I stop at the gas station on the corner to grab some breakfast, I’ll see what I can get for lunch to.  “That’s not hard to do,” you might be thinking, well here comes the more challenging part, it has to be healthy. Bam!  Yea that’s right I went there.  Gas station and healthy food, highly unlikely, I mean maybe a Nutri-grain bar at the most but a breakfast and lunch that are healthy.  No way.  Yes way.  For breakfast I got a Cliff bar (all organic energy/protein bar) and an orange juice.  And for lunch; a pre-packaged salad with spinach, pecans, raisins and a little cup of dressing, a small package of sliced apples, yogurt cup, and green tea to drink.  What do you think about that?  No, this wasn’t a difficult challenge by any means, but I was just showing that even if you are on the go most places are starting to offer a healthy alternative to the traditional junk.            
            Now I don’t consider myself an alcoholic, but I have been known to indulge quite a few over a course of a week, so I decided to not indulge for a week.  I mean none at all.  Starting today, Monday, I will not consume a drop of alcohol for exactly one week.  Doesn’t seem hard, unless you have cold beer in your fridge at home that will scream your name every time that door swings open and with the nice weather and a comfy chair on the porch this is going to be a challenge.
            So that’s it for this week, until next time, CHALLENGE! (been thinking of coming up with a catch phrase, probably shouldn’t use challenge since I don’t always do one)

“Look deep into nature, and then you’ll understand everything better.”
                                                                        -Albert Einstein

No comments:

Post a Comment