Tuesday, October 30, 2012

the little things...

  It’s the little things in life that make a big statement. For example, a simple card for someone after a long day of work or school or a picture that shows the little things or even running three miles for a good cause. These are simple gestures, ok running 3 miles may not be so simple to some but you get my point. Anyways, however small or insignificant you think one thing is, may have a huge impact on someone else. Ok, ok Ill give you examples, and because I want to brag.
    My first came on Friday night. I worked all day and when I got home there was a card from Amber that said simply that she loves me and thanks for being there. Nothing outrageous or over-the-top, just a card that said so little but meant so much. It just grabs you, you know? Another example; amber and I are so good together because we can be alone or with friends, just on the couch or in bar and we always have fun together, its obvious when you see us together. Well we had gone to Chicago back in July with a group of friends and we were out when one of them snapped this photo:

I hate to brag, not really, but you can see the same fun we have together after five years together as we did when we first started dating.
    Moving on from cheesiness. Again, doing so little may impact on other levels. This weekend I ran my first 5K and I even paid to do it. Yes, yes I paid thirty bucks so I could run in a big crowd of people for three miles. Well its more than that. Sure I could have ran three miles anywhere, anytime for free but this was for a good cause. It was for breast cancer research. Now that may have not been the main reason I did it but that’s what the money went to. However, the reason I did impacted me on a personal level. I ran the whole thing. I didn’t walk or even slow down once. I did want to towards the end but I didn’t. It showed me that I could do something like that if I just have my head in the game and strive for the prize, even though there wasn’t a material prize except for a bagel and a bottle of water. I finished in 27 minutes and 42 seconds. One second faster than my cousin. He was the one that got me out there so I blame/thank him for it.


(My cousin Jason and eye at Ohio Stadium, where Ohio State plays, before the 5K on Sunday.)
         Well that’s it for now, we are heading down to Gatlinburg, Tennessee this weekend to hangout with my sister and I have a little side trip planned. I have mapped out a hiking trip from Newfound Gap up to Clingmans Dome which is eight miles climbing1500-plus feet. Newfound Gap is around 5000 feet high and Clingmans tops out at over 6600 feet, so its up hill the whole way. Clingmans Dome is the third tallest peak on the east side of the states. That’s my challenge for this week or should I say my next accomplishment. So until next time, have you heard…..about the bird?

Oh, I almost forgot, I was asked about my new camera. I have a Nikon D3200. 24 mega pixels, 4 frames per second, 11 focus points, full HD video, a thousand buttons and functions that I’m not entirely sure about yet but working on it… and so on. Hopefully I’ll get some good pics from our trip to Tennessee. Here is the link to the stats if you wan to know more; http://shop.nikonusa.com/store/nikonusa/en_US/pd/ThemeID.18145600/productID.252027600


“When word become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence.”                                                                                    -Ansel Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment