Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Cold, Just Cold

I woke up this morning to a blustering (thanks dad for the word) 6° F at 6:30 this morning to walk penny. After getting ready for work it had rise to 7°F. I went out to start my car and after it started the gas light came on. The coldest day of the year and I had to get gas. I’m pretty sure I left a finger frozen to the gas pump and one of my ears fell off while I was pumping my gas. I like the cold weather but this is ridiculous. It begins to get a little much when I have to put on three layers just to take penny for a twenty minute walk. But the dog loves it. She has a nice big fur coat, she just trots around like it’s nothing, looks up at me and says, “You cold or something?” “Why are you turning blue?”
Speaking of dogs talking, Amber and I were watching some funny dog videos on the Ol’ internet the other day when we came across a few that had captions, as if the animal was saying something. I don’t know if you have ever seen these but none of these animals can spell. Is that what it takes to make something look cute or funny is if the captions are misspelled? If penny could talk I would like to think she would learn to read and write correctly as well.  I’m not the best at grammar but I have the basics down like the word “was” I know isn’t spelled “wuz,” or “because” is not “cuz.” Come on people let’s give these animals some credit some of them are smarter than us anyway.
I got home last night and after dinner I went to wash the dishes and there was no hot water. I don’t mean there was luke warm water or that it just took awhile for the water to warm up I mean literally no hot water in the kitchen. I turned the lever all the way over to the left and nothing. No water at all flowing from the faucet. There was cold water but no hot. So naturally I went up stairs to the bathroom and of course hot water up there. Then I went down to the basement. The clothes washer had hot water. Come to find out there is a section of about ten feet of pipe under the kitchen floor that has, I assume, frozen in this arctic blast we have gotten in Ohio. I did the first thing that came to mind, grabbed a hair dryer. After heating up what sections I could reach with no success I gave up and did the dishes in cold water. This cold is going to kill me.
That’s my rant for this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment