Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend

Let me paint a picture; a warm summer day, the sun is shining, there is a slight breeze in the air, and there I sit on the back patio with my wife and the dog just relaxing. Amber arose from her seat and headed towards the corner of the house where the hose pipe was as if she was going to water the flowers. She turned the faucet all the way on and grabbed the adjustable nozzle checking to see which stream it was on. She, and this is where it becomes amusing, turned it towards her face to see which stream she wanted (flat, jet, shower, etc.) and it must have been on full because almost immediately she received a punishing shot of water to her face. I swelled with tears of laughter, but I held back with all might any hint of laughter, that is until she looked up and started to laugh her self. I lost it. She looked up, makeup streaming down her face and a huge smile. It was hilarious. It was a moment that you think to your self, “did I just witness that?” I laughed for a solid hour. Needless to say amber is fine just a little watered. That was just a small portion of my Memorial Day weekend that was spent doing as little as possible. We relaxed and soaked up the sun when we could. Sunday night we had a volley ball game (we joined a league) and lost. We lost to a team that had a pregnant women and a big ol’ fat guy. But the beer was cold and we had a good time. Monday morning I headed out on the bike with Chris and it rained the entire time we rode but it wasn’t a straight down pour just a little trickle. It was a great weekend but I mostly just wanted to tell you the story about Amber.

No comments:

Post a Comment