Wednesday, July 6, 2011

free and cheap...and short

            Ok, ok, I promise not to talk about Denmark this week.  So my week of free and cheap planning has been going well.  For groceries the little lady and I spent only $58 for a week’s worth of groceries.  At the grocery store we took advantage of coupons and sales like “10 for $10,” although we never got ten of the same thing.   As far as doing something for free or on the cheap we watched some fireworks and visited with family at a cookout.  During the week is real easy lounge around after work and take it easy, or bike ride.  This weekend I’m heading out to Illinois with some friends to do some mountain biking.  Aside from the gas to get out there it’s free to ride in the park and cheap to stay in the campground.   So needless to say there is plenty to do if your living life on a budget, saving money, or saving for a wedding and honeymoon (73 days left).
            I’ve decided to keep it short this week since its already Wednesday so here are the topics I’m not going to talk about are New York approves gay marriage, Casey Anthony is innocent, and yes the ATF gave guns to Mexican drug cartels.  That’s right I’m not going to bore you with the details of these topics.  
So, I’m actually going to challenge you this week with planning your own “cheap week” and post me a comment on what you did.  Until next week, live life until you’re full, and then pass the desert.  

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on.                                                                      -Robert Frost

No comments:

Post a Comment