Friday, January 20, 2012

Amberface and cell phones

How’s the resolution going?  My list is coming along, which seems to grow daily.  I feel like everyday I add something to it.  Latest addition, to build a cabin that is completely self sufficient using solar, wind power and natural gas or wood burning.   Now remember my list is a lifetime list not a yearly list so there won’t be any self sufficient cabin photos posted within the next few years.
            Also some news, my wife has started a blog, Amberface blog, which will feature “all things girl” along with some recipes, which are very tasty, especially the desserts.  You will also get to see some DIY projects, wine recommendations, and a few other things.  So check it out, become a follower, and enjoy.
            Now I would like to talk about something that amazes me, not such a thing like Angel Falls in Venezuela that drops water from 3,200 ft high. No, I’m talking about the fact that in 1969 we could communicate with a man on the moon 239,000miles away but in 2012 my cell phone still drops calls with someone who is 5 miles away.  At any given time I can whip out my phone, which is smarter than me, and look up directions on how to get to the local pet store or go to Wikipedia and learn about Angel Falls. But I can’t talk to someone while driving through a twenty foot tunnel. Now I admire the fact that I can head into the wilderness and not be bothered by a ringing cell phone but when I’m sitting in my office in the city and trying to talk to someone on the phone and I lose a signal, that’s irritating. I also try not to be that annoying person on the phone in the elevator, but sometimes it’s unavoidable, so I end up repeating myself for the entire ride down, “Are you there?”  Annoyingly amazing.
            So, that’s my rant for this post, remember to check out Amber’s blog, http://justamberface.blogspot.com/, or go to the link in my links section below.  Until next time, someone is always watching, isn’t it creepy? 


“…it’s hard to dance with the devil on your back, so shake him off.”
                                                                                    -Florence and the Machine

No comments:

Post a Comment