Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Movies and Beer

    So I was suppose to have a beer review for you like two weeks ago and I did have one. Amber and I went to this wine tasting, give me a minute let me explain, that a local grocery store has every Friday night, six bucks and you get to taste six wines. Plus they have a little piece of some kind of food, cheese, crackers, sausage, steak, you know the usual things you would pair with wine. Well we go at least twice a month and few times ago they offered beer along side wine so it was the tasters choice. I chose beer. Literally the last post I did we went to the wine tasting that evening and they had this beer tasting also, perfect. They give you a card and it tells you what you want to know. I thought I had it made. Amber had a pen so I could mark which ones I liked and why. We went around to all six stations had a nice little “date”  went home and had a tasty dinner and so the weekend went on. Come that Monday, no card in sight. I’0m pretty sure it got tossed out with all my notes about each beer. The only thing I can remember to tell you about the beer, Oregon has some good beers.
    Speaking of reviews, another subject other than food and drink that gets plenty of review is movies. I admit there are some good movies out there and some have come out recently but I still have a bone to pick with Hollywood. With all that talent out there you think they could come up with something original. It seems like everything out now is either from a book, a sequel, a remake, or a comic book. I’m sure it’s not easy to write a movie but how hard can it be when the book is already written, I mean come on the work is already done. Same goes for comic books. They may not follow the story line of some exact comic but you already have the character down and they even provide pictures to look at what the character wears and looks like. Then you have remakes and sequels. Not only do you have a story line and a reference of what the character should wear or how they dressed but you basically have the movie, add some new actors and actresses and mix up the dialog a little and bam you have a new movie. I also feel like that if the movie doesn’t fall in one of the above named categories then it follows a storyline already done by another movie. Girl falls in love with man, they fight, they make up, they live happily ever after. Some one gets taken hostage, main character is pissed and goes after the kidnappers with a vengance and the good guys win. Occasionally they will change a few things like someone good dies or the bad guy gets away but for the most part it’s the same. I’m not saying the originals aren’t out there I’m just saying the best sellers right now aren’t any of them.  I’m just sayin’. Nick and I talked about this when I went to Chicago a few weeks back for my birthday and I just wanted to share it with rest of you.
    I’ll have to get back to you for a challenge as I don’t know if I have one yet but I’m shemin’ one up. Until next time, don’t be a remake be yourself.

“Critics! Those cut-throat bandits in the paths of fame.”            -Robert Burns

No comments:

Post a Comment