Thursday, August 16, 2012

Vegetarian...again.

     Well kiddies it’s been a week so I figured I would write a little something down for your reading pleasure. As you may have read in the past, guessing you have been following me since the beginning, I was a vegetarian for a week. It wasn’t bad at all. Well my wife decided to become a vegetarian recently and not just for a week but possibly the rest of her life. “Why?” All you meat lovers may ask. Well a long story short, she doesn’t condone the killing of innocent animals. So for the past month now I have been supporting her the best way I can, by be a vegetarian also. Ok not enitrely. For dinners I have usually been a vegetarian because it’s easier to make one meal instead of two, she usually does the cooking anyway and she’s better at it then me, and lastly because I do support her decision. Now I have eaten meat, lunch meat for lunch usually and a few things here and there for dinner but I would say I have been 75% vegetarian. Speaking of amber and veggies, my wife has some breathing issues in the mornings. Wait let me go into better detail. When she wakes up she is all stuffed up, it’s an allergy thing or deviated septum or both. Well I read an article a couple of years ago about eating broccoli helps with breathing if you eat it everyday. So I thought, since I really have no trouble why not try it on someone who does. So I asked amber if she’d be willing to eat broccoli everyday and without hesitation she said yes. I gave her the option of preparing the green stuff any way she wanted whether it was plain, cooked, raw, a little salt or buried in cheese it doesn’t matter as long as she gets it down. She started on Monday so we are just into day four, I’ll update you after a few more days.
            That’s all I have for this week, short and sweet. So until next time, life is a shoe, wear it (got that from a Teva commercial).



“Education is the ability to listen to almost anything without losing your temper or your self-confidence.”  -Robert Frost

1 comment:

  1. I hope the broccoli works. If not then try a humidifier. Audrey and I kicked one on last night since we have been waking up with stuffed noses from allergies too. It worked... kind of... instead of waking up with a stuffed nose I woke up with a sore throat from the drainage. Haha. At least I can breath though. Good luck with that and the veggies.

    ReplyDelete