Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Annie Leibovitz

            We made it to the Annie Leibovitz exhibit but unfortunately there wasn’t as much landscape photos as I had hope. However, the pictures that made her famous were there and they were something else. Its weird how most of her photos seem like they were just taken of the celebs as they were just hanging around, not really posing for photos. I think that’s why they were so good. The people, for the most part, weren’t all dauled up in clothes and makeup. There were quite a few photos of Arnold Schwarzenegger, not that he isn’t a celeb but just didn’t expect it. My favorites were Willie Nelson, Louise Bourgeois, her early Rolling Stones photos, and yes Arnold from the late ‘70’s, basically any of her black and white portraits.
            Now I said there wasn’t much landscape but what there was, was amazing. The one that stuck out the most to me was from Annie’s “pilgrimage”. There was a section of basically random photos of houses, TVs, books, whatever, it looked like pictures I took when I first pulled my camera out of the box of random objects around the house. But during her pilgrimage Leibovitz made it out to Yosemite National Park, basically following the footsteps of one of my favorite photographers Ansel Adams. There were just a few photos but she did an excellent job recreating the beauty that Adams did of the park. Needless to say it was an inspiring event and made me want to run out and take photos of people.
            Quick soccer update; college soccer is coming to an end with the NCAA tournament starting this week. 48 teams are entered and seeded to battle to the end. I have my choices of who I would like to see make it to the College Cup (soccer version of the final four) but out of respect of my audience I’ll keep my predictions to myself so I don’t offend any readers, since I know how much you like soccer.
            So that’s what’s going on for this week, I have a lot of soccer writing to do as I am covering the tournament so that’s basically my challenge, to get that done. If you want to keep up with the tournament; http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/mens-soccer, otherwise, until next time, if we weren’t meant to have a midnight snack, then why is there a light in the fridge?
“Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.”      -Theodore Roosevelt

No comments:

Post a Comment