Wednesday, June 1, 2011

I am a slacker...

            Sorry kids, I have been slacking on my blog updates.  In my defense, the weather has been awesome, so I had to go outside.  If you read my last blog I said that I was getting back to my challenges starting with baking soda uses. Let me just say that brushing your teeth with baking soda(which my teeth didn’t get much whiter) tastes like brushing your teeth with ocean water and a bit abrasive to use every day as a face wash or soap but good in a pinch.  I didn’t need it for a tummy ache, an acne spot, or a deodorant and as for a shampoo, again not every day, mostly just because it is a pain to wash out.  I did learn that you can use it on your carpet as an odor remover, especially after a pet has used the area as their personal bathroom.  A couple of other uses include sprinkling a little down your drain to help with odors along with in the bottom of trash cans.  So, baking soda is a cheap and natural product to keep in your house at all times.
            I recently moved to an area that has a bike path that passes right in front of my office building so everyone in the area rides bikes and with the hike in gas prices makes me feel even more lazy and shitty for driving my car to work.  S o, back to my original idea of getting my mind and body in shape for the big day(T-minus 108 days) and since I have slacked off for the past month, I am going to have to work even harder.  I am going to keep it simple, no fancy diets or outrageous workout plans. Stick to 30-90 minutes of exercise a day, watch what I eat (and drink), ride my bike at least twice a week either to work or after as an exercise.  I also plan on spending as much time outside as possible whether it is riding, hiking, fishing, kayaking, or just sitting on the patio. 
            I have to talk a little about Memorial Day, because it seems I have talked about all the holidays that have passed already.   I’ll keep it short.  Really no need to talk about what it is for so thank you veterans for all you have done.  What did I do this weekend?  I drank too much, ate shitty food, hung out with some friends, and was lazy until Monday when I kayaked 12 miles and got completely burnt  and now I am in pain.  Oh and I went fishing with my dad and didn’t catch a damn thing.  Good weekend.
            So for next time challenge is to start getting my ass into shape and spend time outside.  Oh and finish the book that I started 2 weeks ago.   Until next week, walk away from the computer or TV and go outside.

“Man’s heart away from nature becomes hard.”   
                                                            -Standing Bear

1 comment:

  1. I was wondering why I hadn't received any blog emails from you in a while. PJ slacking?! That's quite concerning as I didn't know you were capable of such a thing.

    Baking soda for personal hygiene sounds... awful, but I'll consider it if any foul smells arise.

    Your bike path makes me jealous. You should post up your ride for the world to see. Even better, how about a blog on it and riding?

    ReplyDelete